Monday, July 19, 2010
trip briefing...
Just getting some new drivers initiated for the trip! Kidding! But he's at that age when we just can't keep him out of the driver's seat. As soon as we let him out of his own seat, he zooms up there.
Because we've had a number of requests for our non-existant itinerary, I'm going to riun through the basic plans for our trip.
Mike's on again off again vacation seems to be a go. it looked like they were going to need him to stick around, but it all looks ok right now. His boss wants him to take some time off, so he'll find another way to cover the work.
SO. The plan is to leave on Saturdayish. I think. We may be leaving later in the day, camping somewhere in the mountains, most likely. We may or may not roll into Calgary on Sundayish at some point. Or not. From there, we plan to take it fairly easy going across, with no real plans of any sort and have tentatively selected a more northerly route which has us on the trans canada for all of 200 metres or something. How's that for an itinerary? I want to take the kids to see the Tyrell Museum in Drumheller, and last I saw, the route does swing through there. I asked for the Zoo too, but I don't think he'll go for that. Maybe if I can get John to whine for 4 days straight, I can get Tinkertown or something. Beyond that, we'll be in Dryden in time for the following Saturday, for the big homecoming week. We're rigging the Vanagon so we can all sleep comfortably in there, so we'll be essentially be camping as we go. To keep you best informed, we'll e-mail out Mike's cell to parents, but I don't think we'll be in range too often. But we'll check in as we get close. We'll also be bringing the camera and the laptop, and have decided to blog whatever we see out there at least once a day, so you'll have a better idea of when we'll arrive. Should be ummm... exciting. We'll be snaking back home as well, but we'll be leaving John and Joan behind with Mike's parents until we come pick them up for the fall fair. For the first trip, we're hoping to do the whole homecoming thing, taking in all the events scheduled, within reason. The second trip will be more of a traditional visit with family, with a quick drive there and bac - possibly even in one shot, considering we'll just have easy travellers and two drivers. But, as usual, that's all just a rough guide. Hope that helped!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No probs. We plan to be home from the 2nd to the 25ish, more or less...maybe.
During Homecoming Week, I'll be working, kind of or maybe not. Alice will be here though...we think.
Firm enough for ya?
Anyway, the bedroom will be ready...or a tent in the backyard..or maybe in the Park. For sure. Maybe. Or...
(sorry - couldn't resist)
See you when you get here.
paw in law
Coolios
Post a Comment