Look ma - no hands!
He can sit all by himself now! Well, for a minute at a time, tops. Then he topples over. I feel the need to wrap his head in bubblewrap.
Mike got a day off yesterday. His manager forgot to mark him down on the calenday or something, because his automated system said he wasn't scheduled. He called in just to make sure it was right, which it was. Normally, he'd fight it, and get a shift given to him anyway, but he needed a day off, so he just let it go.
It was perfect timing - I needed to get groceries yesterday, and with him home, I'd have help freeing the car from its chunk of ice. He just did it for me, which was really nice.
On our to-do list were groceries and choosing a new crib for John (courtesy of Gran and Gramps P). Mike has been eager to set up John's nursery. He's become such a light sleeper, that Mike always wakes him up when he comes to bed. Of course, he's not exactly careful when he comes. He often hits John's cradle with the door, and even if he doesn't, he turns on all the lights, crashes around, throws his clothes about, and starts talking to my sleeping body in his full-volume voice. Like John, I can't sleep through that much commotion either, so everyone's awake. To make matters worse, Mike thinks John is awake because he's hungry, so he picks up this poor, groggy baby, brings him to bed, and starts playing with him, which is totaly NOT what he wants. Guess who's job it is to soothe the tantrum which invariably follows?
So, anyway, John will be getting his own room. It's going to take a month for the crib to come in though, which is fine by me. I like having John so close, Dad induced tantrums aside. I mourned the end of co-sleeping, even though it was hard to get a good night's sleep with him there. My comfort was that at least he was in the same room. Once we move him to another room, I won't even have that. I'll have to listen to his little baby snores and moans through a moniter.
Speaking of baby moans, John is starting to wake up! He finally slept through the night again last night, and he's suddenly too big and long for some of his clothes. He might just be chunking up on banana, but I wonder if all this crankiness and sleeplessness and constant round-the-clock eating has just been a really big growth spurt? He is very noticibly bigger all of a sudden. He hasn't had one of those in a long time. Though, it really does seem like teething. Maybe it's both at the same time. Who knows. I just hope he goes back to normal, and soon!
Hope you're feeling better soon, mom and dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment