Why am I a different colour?
These are probably the last photos that will be taken with two teeth. One of the upper teeth is about to break through, and the other isn't far behind. Probably by tomorrow or the next day, he'll have three teeth.
It's causing some distress for my little guy. He only smiled once yesterday, and it was when the Tylenol bottle appeared. I don't give it that much, but obviously enough that he knows what it's for.
We went to Baby Rhyme Time yesterday, but it wasn't very fun for anybody. His gums seemed fine in the morning, so we headed out armed with teething keys and a teething ring, but no Tylenol. What a mistake. He started to fuss about 10 minutes in, so out came the keys. Another big mistake. They settled John down right away, but within minutes, he was swarmed by babies, all wanting his keys. He had to play tug-of-war with several of them. The one-year-old sat and pointed at them for the whole class. After a few minutes of fending off clutching, grabbing babies, and avoiding the glares of the other moms, I put the keys away. Another mistake. Within minutes, I had two babies crawling all over my bag, one emptying it onto the floor, in search of the keys. I felt so terrible. And so did John - his gums were really, really sore, and he was starting to fuss up again. So, I slipped the keys out again, to keep him quiet, and spent the remainder of the meeting shooing away babies. At the end, I set the keys on my bag to put John's sweater on, and the one-year-old grabbed them and took off!!!
Those keys were the cause of several tantrums at baby rhyme time - very few of them from John. I guess I violated an unwritten rhyme time code by bringing an outside toy to class, because all the moms were glaring. Or at least that's how it felt. I explained that he was teething, and his gums were really sore, and they seemed to sympathize. The instructor said she had no idea, because he was so quiet. He seemed pretty upset to me. I guess it's all relative. Maybe what's cranky for John is normal for another baby. I just hope I never have one of those other babies!
We skipped parentlink today, which I think was the right choice. He was so miserable the whole time we were out yesterday, and the instructor mentioned that noises can seem really loud and grating to a baby who's teething. Some quiet time at home is probably a good idea until he's feeling more like himself.
Other than the new teeth, and the fussies they bring, life is chugging along as usual. Mike has been around quite a bit, because he's still not allowed to accept extra shifts. He ties up the computer all day, which is why I haven't been posting much lately. I'll try to sneak on a little more often.
As an aside, it turns out that blueberries don't make blue poop after all, which is really disappointing. If blueberries can't make blue poop, nothing can. Maybe I'll get him some beets, to see if I can at least turn it red.
2 comments:
Just love the sunglasses - together with the stripped shirt looks like beach time. By then he'll be all over the place.
Just had my hair cut. I never remember you don't get the hairdresser excited - she starts talking & just keeps on cutting. She's holding down 3 jobs & needs to as her husband has been declared permanently unemployed. Didn't stop him from moving in with a girl-friend & having twins.
No need to watch the soaps, just get your hair cut....
Have a nice day sweetie
Gram
Hi Megan - if you can survive John's teething, he certainly will. The good thing is that he will not remember any of the pain - until the wisdom teeth start giving trouble!
Lee Koenig
Post a Comment