Yup, still sick.
Sorry no photo. I didn't plan to update, but have a minute to kill while I feed Joan. John's still sleeping, but I don't think I'll have time to download the camera before he trudges down.
Poor little guy is still sick too. He wakes up with a hacking wet cough every morning, and often through the night. Mike and I have it too, but not as severe. It's really wiped John out. He's actually back to napping in the day. Last week, I realized that the house seemed a bit quiet, so I went hunting for him. I found him fast asleep in his bed. He was so tired, he'd gone up and tucked himself in. I have a picture to download of him asleep on his slide from yesterday. He called me to come play with him, and rested his head to wait. In the time it took me to get there, he'd fallen asleep, and stayed asleep for an hour.
I don't remember having a cold last this long, ever. It's terrible. It's in my ears. I haven't been able to hear in ages. But my cough is going away, so it should ease off for John soon, too. Mike seems to be pretty much over it.
Shockingly, Joan is still OK. She woke up stuffy a couple of mornings, and was a bit sneezy and groggy for a day or so, but other than that, is perfectly fine and healthy. No wonder I'm so sick - I've given all my antibodies to her.
Other than being sick, life chugs on. We have pink tulips!!! Five of them. They're very pretty. They came with the house, but the boys next door never let them bloom. They'd always come so close, and then one of them would trample them, or whack off the heads. So in five years here, this is the first time we've ever seen what they are. Unfortunately, we had to lose our neighbours to be able to see them. The single mom and her four kids up and left one day. They didn't even say goodbye, even though they spent a lot of time in our backyard. I know she had trouble paying her gas bill (we can obviously sympathize) so she needed to find a place where heat was included. Apparently, according to Paul-the-corner-store-guy, they found one, but it's further into the inner city, in a much rougher neighbourhood. Hopefully, her kids are OK.
Mike and John had a cute conversation yesterday. It started when Mike said "I love John," and it sparked a five minute back and forth about what things each loved. I wish we had a recording of it. Some of the things John loves are: birds, dad's van, the house, the green flowers that fall from our maple tree, the baby's race cars (on her sleeper), the moon and of course, candy.
We got the garden in this week. Nothing exciting, We actually scaled itback quite a bit. No pumpkins, even. Mostly salad stuff, and a few herbs for Jer. Though, we're going to try watermelon again, just for a good laugh. Last year, we got one to be about half an inch long. John has been enjoying his spring mucking about in the garden. He keeps standing in the middle, with a pitch fork or a shovel in one hand, proclaiming "Mommy, I farm chickens." No idea where he's getting that from, or why he keeps saying it, but it's entertaining all the same.
Well, I'd better go. I have a newsletter to make for the association. It's a daunting task, so I've been avoiding it for way, way too long.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment