Monday, September 26, 2005

It's out!


Ok - it didn't work. He's supposed to be holding up a sign that says "I'm going to be a big brother." But he wouldn't hold it up. Not that it's a surprise to anyone anyway! Mike has certainly made sure of that! Posted by Picasa

I finally told my editor that I'm pregnant, which is why I can finally bring it up here - I think there may still be a few people from Burlington who check here now and again.

She took it a lot better than I was expecting - she's stressed, but happy for us. She told me she wasn't going to tell anyone else, but, true to her reporter nature, within minutes of me stepping out of the office, she had told the other reporter, and the managing editor. LOL! Fine by me! I certainly wasn't looking forward to telling any other managers, so I'm glad she took care of it.

One of the ad reps said she knew, because I'm starting to show. And now, the morning sickness has set in (isn't it supposed to END about now?!) so I think I told at the right time! I think the morning sickness is just from being sick. There's a cold going around here, and it's one of those long drawn out kind of colds. It just won't completely die, and it's thrown everything out of whack. John got it too. It gave him an ear infection, or at least brought back the ear infection he had before. Yup, he's on his second round of antibiotics already! It's horrible. feel like such a terible mother, because I didn't take him to the doc right away. I thought it was just the cold, but he just wasn't coming right. But he wasn't screaming or anything, like the last time. Just kind of droopy, but still smiling and playing through the day. The doc said it was very red and enflamed.

Well, he's feeling better now! He's a big ball of energy! I had to go to the grocery store after work. I got a cart, and put him in, but he'd have none of that!! He was not only going to walk, he was going to help push the cart! He grabbed the basket underneath, and helped me push the cart through the entire store, waving and smiling to everyone we passed! It was pretty funny - until he became entranced by the candy corn. I had to pull him away several times; he had a tantrum. I had to leave without cheese. It was very sad. I hate tantrums, and he's really got the technique down pat. He lays right down on the grounds and kicks and screams! Yup, sweet, mild John, kicking and screaming on the grocery store floor, because mom won't let him run his fingers through the candy corn. It's quite a sight, but no-one stares or anything - it gets mostly sympathetic "been-there-done-that" kind of looks from passers-by. I guess I should start reading up on tantrums, now that he's getting to that age. I read once that I'm just supposed to walk away and ignore him. But if I had done that, he would have gone right back to the candy corn. Besides, he seems a little young for that.

Anyway, I had better get some dinner into the poor guy. Now that Mike's on extended shifts, John eats earlier than we do - he's usually asleep before Mike even gets home.

On the strike front - yes, there's STILL a strike front - the contract remains unsigned. The two local reps refuse to sign it. Mike has banked his full 200 hours already, but he can't pull anything out. Isn't that crazy? I wish they'd just get it over with and sign, so the healing process can begin! The guys are still so furious, and it doesn't help that they extended the scabs' contracts! They actually hired a bunch of them as legitimate techs. The scabs are in the union now. How sick is that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats
I am so happy to hear that you are going to have another addition to the family. I hope all goes well for you.
Take Care!
Pam

Whispering softly in the night. said...

OK - I keep meaning to ask and don't, but I'm dying to know...

How far along are you and when can I expect to be an Aunt again?! ((I still say that word makes me feel like a bug.))

Oh Michelle, Helena and Joanne all say congratulations! ((We were talking about it a bit before her wedding.))

Anonymous said...

Rainy Wed. morning in Geraldton. A good portion of our leaves are on the ground & I still have the hedge to cut& upstairs windows to clean.
We have red warnings on our TV weather channel which are calling for 8"of snow. I'm not ready.
That must have been something to see ie John hollering on his back, it happens to all mothers, not just mother's of redheads. If you give in your sunk.
Glad you like your new baby doc. & know all will go well.
Haven't heard from Bruce, intend to call this a.m. to see how the rupture surgery is coming along. Sue is here this a.m. & we've had a cuppa before she started.
Love to you all
Gram