Liz has a dog - a golden retriever who loves little kids! Apparently, he likes to play in the yard with them. I think John's going to like it there.
Sorry...still looking for those pictures, and have to download the new ones as well - the ongoing residual problems from our computer's meltdown.
I think John's period of slow weight gain is over. He feels sooo heavy these days, and he's suddenly outgrown a lot of his clothes! He doesn't even remotely fit a single 12-month-old outfit anymore, even though they all fit him just last week!
Also, we have a mystery. I've been waiting until our picture system is back up and running, but it's turning into a slow process. We got a box last week, which wasn't marked with the sender. Inside was a set of Bunnikins dishes, and several sets of clothes. One set was a cute little shirt and tie outfit,with a vest and matching dress shorts - perfect for Vicki's wedding! It's sooo cute!
It's fantastic! And at a great time - we had found one little collared shirt for John at the Goodwill, thinking it would work for the wedding. It fit fine two weeks ago, but now with this latest growth spurt, it's skin tight! It had to go straight to the box for Baby 2, without ever being worn.
The problem is, we have no idea who to thank. There was no card and no return address. We think it must be someone from T Bay, because the courier sticker had that listed as the intake depot.
Does anyone out there know who sent it? If it's someone who checks the blog, speak up!
Saturday, July 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
*hands up*
Actually the fact that there wasn't a sender should have been a dead give-a-way. :P
It was Grandma Walchuk. I've been holding my tongue in asking if it got there and if it fit John or not.
Oh -- I'd better ask this or Billy WILL kill me seeing as it was his idea....he thinks that John would be a really cute in the wedding party as the ring bearer. I figured I'd mention it, keeping in mind that we aren't doing many things traditionally, so this idea kind of grew on me...even if he can't walk more then a few steps. :P
~ Vicki
I wouldn't have thought your grandma, because she had already sent something. Turns out, Mike knew and just never told me! Argh! He never tells me anything anymore.
We did talk briefly about John before he left for work this morning. It's a cute idea, but we think we're going to have to pass - as Mike said, it's not a good idea to have a ring bearer who a) can't walk, b) can't take instruction and c) would probably eat the rings.
If he were going to be relaxed and happy, it would probably work to call him down the isle and have him crawl, but knowing his nap schedule (he typically sleeps from 1-4 - not happening that day!) and his chaos threshold, and his intolerance to being passed from person to person while I'm in sight, he's not going to be a terribly happy camper. Our best bet to prevent a meltdown is his thumb and lots of cuddle time in a familiar lap - in this case, his grandma's.
*smiles* Ah, why am I suddenly getting the feeling that married life is going to be very, VERY interesting once Billy and I can live together and both work?! Although I look forward to the day when we don’t need a computer anymore. I know our relationship is doomed if it’s reduced to that.
Trust me I only suggested it because it was one of Billy’s few ideas that I hadn’t come up with. Even with someone carrying him up the long walk, I just had visions of him somehow getting the knot out of the pillow and eating the rings. If he stays with … I never know what to call people as it’s mom to me, but Grandma to John. *laughs* However, you know who I’m talking about and that we’re talking about the same person anyway. I’m sure she can keep him entertained and seeing as there isn’t a lot of running around, he could rest under the pavilion in his chair if he hasn’t outgrown it yet to rest in the shade if you end up getting there before 4PM. We can’t start setting up until then and basically it’s the harpist, setting up the pillars and flowers, the unity candle and figuring out if people are going to stand or sit to watch the wedding. Ah, the unknowns that I have to endure until just days and hours until the wedding are enough to make me wish I wasn’t such a planner/organizer because it’s driving me crazy (but only slightly more than I already was).
Vicki
Mike says: Vicki, you don't mean that everyone will be standing, do you? Not just the wedding party? It's late here, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that's how it sounds. If that is the case, that everyone will be standing, I'm going to suggest, don't do that - people should be allowed to sit for the wedding.
Mike
Post a Comment