We just finished round one of a great visit with my parents - they're coming back though in a couple weeks on their way home.
While they were here, we got word that Joan is officially IN the intensive therapy program at school! They switched her to a morning preschool class, so she's going to have to start over with all new kids. But they managed to keep her with the same teaching team, which I really appreciate. I like her teachers a lot - one in particular is very good with Joan, though they're all great, so I'm glad they did their best to create as little disruption as possible for her.
So she starts Monday in morning preschool. Should make life a little interesting, because the therapy program won't kick in for a few more weeks, while the funding gets lined up, and John is still of course in pm kindergarten. I think in many ways it will be better, because I can do more with 2 than three, and there are things I need to do with each older child, like clothes shopping, that would be easier with just Dave and the kid in question. So, it makes things a bit more complicated, but there's some good to it.
As for the funding, I can't get her assessed by the gov't worker until Oct 6, and the funding won't be released without it, obviously. But the school assured me they're willing to wait until everything is sorted out - the spot is Joan's.
She was put on a "waiting list" during the summer. It was already a long list, but I had been told by one administrator that they just call them waiting lists - they don't do ANTHING first come, first served. The kids who need it most, get it first. So I guess they looked at Joan's assessments, and moved her to the top of the priority list, because they said they started the year with one open spot, and it went to her.
Anyway, we're pretty excited. Not sure how she's going to fare in full-day school at the tender age of two. But she loves school, and that will help. We'll just have to be prepared not to see ehr during the week, because she'll need to get to bed so early.
Anyway, better go!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GREAT news. She's going to do just fine. Joan is one very, very smart little girl - that was evident during their visit this summer.
Paw in Law
Post a Comment