Tuesday, March 27, 2007

She's smart!

Joan's neurology appointment was today. They hooked her up to a computer with a bunch of electrodes, then flashed a strobe light at her, one eye at a time, and then blasted a very annoying beeping sound in each ear, one at a time. Everything's fine! Yay! We figured it would be, but it's nice to hear for sure. The doctor said even before the tests started that the test wasn't needed - when it was over, she said she could tell nothing was wrong the second we walked in the room. Joan looked right at her, tracked her around the room, and gave lots of smiles and giggles whenever she was smiled at and talked to.

The doc said all babies are a little different, and she obviously just needed a bit more time to develop on the social end of things, but she's caught up and is perfectly fine. I guess that's what happens when the first is a social butterfly - anything short of what John was doing seemed wrong. We were at our friend Jim and Joan's house last night, and Jim said they went through the same thing with their kids - their son learned to read at 3, so when their daughter couldn't do the same, they were worried, but in reality, SHE was the normal one.

Anyway, just wanted to post that up here quick. I have to go make supper now. We've been out all day, and are running late. I don't get the car that often, so when I do, I tend to put WAY too much on my plate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thurs a.m. I'm so happy that Joan is OK. Your reporter's comments are just the best. I put a easter parcel in the mail containg stuff & books for John are part of it. I'm sure he will be reading early with his love of books. Hit a sale yesterday which I cudn't resist so Joan is getting more sleepers, they were only $4 ea. & I cudn't resist.Looks like rain this a.m. Yesterday was my falling day, we have so much ice all around, stepped out of the garage & went down, skinned my knee, but as my Mom used to say the pants weren't ripped so that's OK.Have a nice day dear, Gram