Friday, March 09, 2007

new weight

I had to delay Joan's well-baby to yesterday - Mike needed the car for school last Thursday.

Updated weight is 16 pounds, 3 ounces, at two months and a week old. Sorry - didn't get the updated length, but I'm sure she's longer too. She's pretty much doubled her weight - something that typically happens by four months, so she's growing very fast. Doc says she's "growing beautifully," so it's all good. Not sure what we're going to do about car seats. Looks like we might have to buy a second one - John can't move to a booster until he's 40 pounds, but she needs a bigger seat once she hits 20-22 pounds. I was hoping he'd hit 40 when she hit 20, but I have a feeling she'll beat him.

She got shots this time, poor kid. She just looked shocked with the first one, but she really howled with the second, and was out of sorts for the rest of the day.

She wouldn't look into his little light this time. I mentioned what happened at the specialist, and all the tests she has coming up. He asked if we're getting eye contact, and I said yes. She's much better now. She even tries to initiate eye contact from us, and if we smile, she smiles too, without much effort or even funny voices. She seems to giggle at nothing at all though - she'll just be staring off and start to giggle - but I think I remember John doing that, too, so I'm sure it's nothing. And I'm pretty sure her ears are fine - if she's crying in her cradle, she calms down when she hears me talking to her, even before I'm anywhere near her.

He told me the actual name of the type of murmur she has, but it was an awfully long name. It had a couple of P words in it, but that's all I can remember. He said basically, it means it's one she should be able to outgrow, which is what the pediatrician said, too. I'm sure everything will work out fine. Her pregnancy got off to a rocky start, too, but it all worked out in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sat.noon
Thanx for the update on Joan. I'm sure that her problems will all sort out as you are a very good mother. The Brier in Copps Centre will be over to-morrow but it has sure lead to coversations in the sr. euchre group. Last evening we watched a game at our coffee break & some had to be called to return to cards.The young 26yr old skip from Newf. is everyone's darling as we all watched him last yr at the world's when he won the gold medal. On my way home from cards last night was stopped by an OPP road block & the cute OPP asked where we were all coming from at this hr & he supposed there was no drink involved. I put a parcel in the mail for you on Thurs so you shud have it soon. The gal at the post office packed in all the stuff I'd picked up, assuring me that she'd had lotsa practise. Voila, she was right. Hope John's slippers fit. Always - Gram