I could hear them horsing around in the night, but wasn't quite prepared to walk in on this in the morning. John says it's a rocketship. That's Joan's mattress across the top, by the way.The final move is done, but it was rough on the kids. John got overexcited, and was getting on the movers' nerves. One of them threatened to kick his bag of "delicate toys". It make John cry. Mike was surprised I tipped him after that, but I didn't think I could tip the other two - who were awesome - and not do something for him. The guy's like 70, and a bit of a roughneck. I don't think he meant any harm - he has a gruff sense of humour, that didn't jive well with John. But he still worked hard. Anyway, that's done. now it's just a day of cleaning, then we're all done. We just drop the keys in the mailbox, and they'll call to say how much of our deposit we get back.
Not to alarm anyone, but I think Joan MAY have had a seizure a few days ago. It's really hard to tell. She had a bit of an episode, with her flopping around like a fish out of water, but it only lasted a couple seconds. Mike doesn't think it sounds like a seizure, but I mentioned it to the physio yesterday, and she agreed with me that it could have been, and advised that I call the neurologist to discuss it with him. He had given her a 10 per cent chance of developing them, and told me what to watch for. But I don't think they actually do anything if they start, other than moniter them. It hasn't happened again since. We told John what to look for as well, in case he sees something when I'm not in the room. I'll keep you posted, obviously. Hopefully, it was just a really big shiver or something.
Anyway, better go. A full day of fun, fun cleaning awaits!
5 comments:
OK....it's official. They need beds made from 2 X 6's that are nailed to the floor.
Remember - Mike used to crawl out the bedroom window to go for midnight walks. John is obviously carrying the 'nocturnal gene.'
I LOVE IT!!!
Paw in Law
Aw yes, reminds me of the blanket tents in the living room & then his uncle gave him a big real tent for the front yard. It amazed me how many little people could come out of it when I called for a cookie break. Surprising they never built a campfire. Gram
I don't usually contribute to the comment section 'cause I come off sounding so darned practical...and good grief...like my mother! But we just took the display bed out of the shop this week. It was a big deal as we had it made by a mattresss co. in Winnipeg - queen size to show off the quilts but only 54" long (totally square) so it wouldn't take up so much room in the store. I always joked that if we DID take it out it would only fit the kids 'til they were about 10. Or perhaps me as I got older & shrunk up a few inches. Then I saw poor Joan out in the cold and John on the crib mattress - which Dave should be into by now. I don't miss the mattress in the shop at all. It looks much more interesting and has freed up a ton of room. So ....do you need a very short queen sized box spring & mattress? It has legs that screw on but heck, you don't need them. Let me know. The kids would likely have to share but isn't that happening now? Grandma P. P for practical.
Mistake on the mattress size - it's actually 60" wide/long. And I sell bedding!!! Only need to shrink 1-1/2" to fit me but Dad's legs from the knee down would be hanging off the end and we have a decent bed. Thought about a really deep 'day bed' look. Pillows and pillows deep.Anyways, it's available. Mom
lol...practical is good, Mom. Interesting idea - but I don't think they'd actually enjoy sharing a bed. We've been discussing the kids' bed arrangement for a while. we're debating between just upgrading to two twins, or going with bunk beds. Ikea has a set that's really low - the bottom mattress is on the floor - perfect for Joan - and the top bunk isn't more than maybe 4 feet off the floor, and John thinks it's totally awesome. They don't wind up in bed together too often, which is why I found it so funny. They fell asleep playing. Usually, John goes out of his way to sleep alone. Before Joan could climb, he used to sleep in the chair in his room, so that she couldn't cuddle with him. Now, he tries to shove her bed in the closet, and tells her to sleep there. But if we suggest him having his own room, he'll have none of it. But when he steals her bed and uses it as his fort's roof, he's kind of asking for company! If you're really done with the bed for good, you could try throwing it up on E-bay - there may be a little shop around you needing one that doesn't want to pay full cost.
Post a Comment