sorry I haven't surfaced in a while - been a little hectic here, being mid-move and all. But I have a few minutes tto pop in now - mike just left for work, the kids are still asleep, Dave just wants to cuddle, and we're listening to the kids' furby sing itself back to sleep.
Thed move is slow and torturous, but going smoothly. most of the daily stuff is over now. we've been moving bit by bit - another day, another van load. we got the kitchen table and all the kitchen stuff moved yesterday, which was nice. we're watching tv on pillows for now, until we get our couch in here. but it's all fine. we have the kids' big tent 'n tube system set up in the living room, seeing is there's so much space, and they think it's great. they spend most of their time here bouncing around in there. it's a good way to end the day - spending days packing up a virtually empty apartment is painfully boring for them.
oh - kids just woke up. I'll have to go soon. I know where the camera is, but need to find batteries. will take care of that while john's in school tomorrow.
I also have a school tour of the Renfrew site just down the road tomorrow - it's stunning from the outside! Big, bright, and barrier-free, just like the main site. They only have afternoon spots now. but it's better than nothing, right? though we only had afternoons in the northern schools, too, because the returning kids get first dibs, and everyone wants mornings.
Dave has been sick. he had a fever of 38 for more than two days, before even looking sick. but then the caughing and spluttering started. And now, he's got a nasty rash from head to toe. We thought at first it might be measles, and part of me still thinks t might be. but we're pretty sure it's a heat rash from the fever that just wouldn't quit - i've been giving him lots of cool baths - (soap free! I tried using a "soothing" baby soap once, and he screamed and writhed until I could rinse it all off, poor guy.) He's so much more sensitive to things than the others. He broke out into hives for days in February - we're pretty sure it was his shots. nothing else seems to recreate it. I think if any of my kids are going to wind uo with wierd allergies, it will be him.
But he's a toughy! He can get up on all fours now and rock back and forth! It won't be long now, before he can crawl.
better go for now - joan is down and needs fed. I'll check in again soon - hopefully with pictures!
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment