John, fixing the freezer. It's been sitting unused in our living room since we moved in. It wouldn't fit down the spiral staircase leading to the basement. Mike had taken the lid off, to see if that would help, but it was no good. But it's hard to take advantage of meat sales without a big freezer, so we decided to fire it up, and just leave it in the corner of the living room. It matches the walls, so it's not too bad. Anyway, Dad brought his cool tool belt in, and showed John how to use the screwdriver, and off he went! He did most of it by himself! John was so excited! He talked about it for days! Mike said this is a good advertisement for the superior design of the Robertson screw - so easy to handle, even a 3-year-old can do it.
Meet Ballie - a ball of dough, awaiting transformation into a tortilla. Apart from his true passion of home improvements, John also loves to cook, and was helping me roll tortillas for burritos a few days ago. I formed the dough into 12 little balls, and as their "turns" came up, John would mould little faces on them. They'd each cheer that it was their turn - then scream as I squished them flat.

Ah. To be one again. I left Joan playing with the cat as I went to the washroom, and I returned to this.
Hope you enjoyed the photos! Nothing more to say - I have to get cleaning. I think we have a plumber coming tomorrow, to tear out a wall. We have a leaky pipe behind the shower, so each time we shower, water burbles up from UNDER the tub, and has started lifting and cracking our brand new tile floor. I'm just going to say, it's so nice to have it NOT be our problem for once. At least the bill's not our problem. I still have a bunch of guys coming in to tear out a section of wall. It will be very, very exciting for John, though. The management company had sent out a plumber earlier this week to scope out the job, and John was buzzing. He followed this poor guy around like a puppy. Every 30 seconds, I heard "Jordan? What are you doing?" "Jordan? What are you doing now?" The guy was a good sport about it, though. He seemed to enjoy the attention. had told John before he arrived that there was a man coming to looka t the shower, so when he answered the door, John said "I'm John. Are you the man?" Jordan laughed, and said "Well, I hope I'm the man, but for now, and just "a" man." I wish i had a video of John's reaction to this guy's pipe wrench. he went out to his van to get it, then walked in with this ginormous thing in his hand. "Mom! Mom! Look at that wrench!" squealed John, following Jordan through the house. "It's. It's huge!"
Anyway, I'd better go.
No comments:
Post a Comment