Things are starting to look up!!!
I just got back from the transmision place. The car is already fixed - it was just a sensor. An "output speed sensor," he called it. Just a half hour wait, and $100, and it's as good as new! Phew! It was fixed by the owner himself. He said we got off really lucky this time - Dynasty's are notorious for transmission issues. I said we know.
He told us to take it in for a tune-up sometime- we've got some sort of a little misfire in the front end, but otherwise he said it's a smooth-running car. Probably just a spark plug or something. Not surprised. We haven't had to change one the whole time we've owned the car, so they're probably due to start going. I guess we'll take care of that once things settle down.
Rotto Rooter guy will be here within an hour to fix the sewer. Another one of those maintenance things that need to be done every year, but was put off until it was too late.
So things are starting to look up! I'm getting nervous - it could be the calm before the real storm.
In case anyone's wondering, yes, I am off work today. Our babysitter took holidays today and tomorrow. We were just going to take Friday off, but once things started to melt down, and someone needed to be available to ferry cars and hire plumbers, and get it all done before we leave for the wedding, we decided I'd take an extra day and save the trouble of finding a babysitter on top of everything else.
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That;s GREAT news about the car. We were worried.
OK - wrapped up meeting with the station owner and the consultant today, supper with Alice, got stuff together and hit the road west for Winnipegl. In shortly after 11 adn horrendous rain for almost an hour, but we're hear. Flight is at noon tomorrow. We'll likely beat Mike home.
Lookig forward to supper adn a break to get caught up on things - we're groggy, but enthused.
Gram and Gramp W.
Post a Comment