Tuesday, March 08, 2005


Awww..how could you ever get mad at a face like that? Posted by Hello

My mom suggested to fill that bottom shelf with toys instead of yummy books - great idea! We'll definitely be doing that!

Well, today didn't go at all as planned. We were going to spend the afternoon visiting daycares. However, on the way to the last rhyme time class, we got a flat. One of us drove over a tack - Mike thinks he did it last night; I think I did it this morning. Regardless, it happened, but wasn't obvious until we got to the Early Years Centre. So, I had to turn right around and come home. It left us stranded at home for the day, so no daycares either.

Anyway, we'll have to go on Mike's next day off, which is Thursday. I feel bad that we missed the last Rhyme Time, though. John really liked that program, and we hadn't been able to go for the last few weeks because of all the colds going around here. Oh well. I'm sure he won't come back at me when he's a teenager with "remember when you wouldn't take me to baby rhyme time?" It's hardly the stuff of therapy sessions, and we have a good collection of kiddie songs he really enjoys, so it has a lasting benefit. Our days of endless Itsy Bitsy Spider are a distant memory! I just need to find something to keep him around other babies. He's developing a shyness lately, believe it or not. I guess it's that stranger anxiety thing rearing its ugly head. The baby who was so happy to sit on the nurse's lap and chew her ID badge, now won't leave my side, even though he can for the first time. He doesn't even talk much while we're out. The nurse was worried that he was so quiet, but he's still a very chatty baby when it's just us. Hopefully, it's just a phase!

Happy eight month birthday to John, by the way!!! Eight months today!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

For the umpteenth time....soooo cute! Does anyone know how to get the extra comments off before they're posted for all eternity?
Haven't lost my marbles but am a

clickin'happy Grandma!

Megan said...

Oh, gosh darn-it! I was trying to take the extras off, but it just took them all off. Shoot, shoot, shoot! Sorry, Mom.