
Ack! He's got the camera! This is John's first self-portrait!

I think we've got another growth spurt on our hands. John has been sooo hungry. He normally eats every two hours, but now he's actually getting a little jittery by the time the next meal comes along. Yesterday, I just took him to bed with me, and let him go nuts. He stopped eating five hours later. He was jittery again within an hour.
Even solids don't seem to fully satisfy. He likes to feed himself now - as in he likes to put the spoon in his own mouth. I put food on the spoon, and hand it to him. He eats off the spoon, then plays with the spoon. I repeat with another spoon, while he fiddles with the first one. Well, not this time. Yesterday he was so hungry, he was grabbing the spoon out of my hand, shoving it in his mouth with such zeal, you'd think I was starving him, then flinging the spoon back at me for instant reloading. It was pretty interesting. Time to start something with a little more substance I think. How full can you really get from milk and mangoes?
I guess we'll head out today on a serious quest for the elusive six per cent yogurt. I think its time has definitely come. Or maybe baby chicken? I don't know. A whole new food group. It's all very scary. We haven't even made much progress on grains. We tried rice and barley again, but both give him gas and weepy rashes. He can't even digest rice properly and I'm going to give him meat? What's wrong with this picture? Sigh.
He's still working on the creeping. He's getting very good. He's started pulling books from the bookshelves and eating them. Not sure how we're going to curb that one. It's his new obsession.
In case you didn't notice, we didn't go to the provincial convention in Ottawa last weekend. We were supposed to go, but thankfully Mike realized we could only scrape up enough for one convention this year, so he chose the federal. He's even humming and hawing about that one. He made me a deal yesterday that if I could get the house spotless by the time he got home from work, he wouldn't go and we could use the money for home improvements, including a new dining room table we found at Ikea. It's massive and it's wood - better than our tiny little faux wood-grain '70s arbourite kitchen table we have going on. And only $300. It would look pretty goofy with our mismatched collection of broken '70s vinyl/metal tube kitchen chairs we have, but it would be a step in the right direction. I was all set to clean, thinking about all the pretty paint colours I have chosen, and the new table, but Mike took back the offer at the last minute. I was so close to getting rid of those wretched royal blue walls! Damn you, Stephen Harper!
Anyway, John will be up soon, so I had better get ready for our Balkan yogurt quest. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment