Tuesday, August 11, 2009

a couple more random pics...

This is what I get when I let Joan eat chocolate pudding unattended.


Have I mentioned how happy David is now that his siblings are out of the picture? We thought he might feel sad and lonely. Nope. He smiles all the time, and giggles. He can play with toys without having them snatched from him. He can go about his day without getting smacked or sat on..or smeared with chocolate pudding. He is one happy camper.


Posted by Picasa
Ah, the sad saga of John's very special glow-in-the-dark silly putty. It was a special grocery trip when he bought this - it was just him and me, together. No dad, no other kids. It was a happy evening for two, and he saw this stuff and just had to have it. So I said yes. He brought it home all excited to see it glow, only to discover it had to be charged. So what does he do? He puts in on a lit lightbulb, when no-one is looking. I was making dinner when I heard his horrified screams. Then I came in to see black smoke billowing from the lamp. We managed to get the lamp off and unplugged. Mike unscrewed the bulb, as John whimpered that he'd just wanted to make it charge faster. It was actually fine in the end - a little singed, but it still glowed. Unfortunately, it still met a sad end, because he had taken this glob of goo to bed with him. He awoke to silly putty ground in...everywhere. It was coating both cheeks, all through his hair, all over his PJ's. It was EVERYWHERE! We managed to get most of it out of his hair - I think when he left for Dryden there was still a tiny glob stuck right on top. The PJs were ruined. But he managed to peel enough off his face to make a tiny ball, which he made into a miniscule, glow-in-the-dark snail.

3 comments:

Silje-mor said...

My heart goes out to John in this quite tragic story! I vote for to get him a new load of silly putty!!!

You go John, and I know you've learned now (",)

Todeskaefer said...

When did the kids go to Dryden? I might have the last week of August off

Megan said...

yes - another round of silly putty is in order. it was a tragic day.

Adrian - the kids left last weekend. we'll be hitting the road next sunday night, hoping to get there monday sometime. we'll be heading back here on friday or saturday, depending on obligations and stuff.