Saturday, June 27, 2009

just a quick note to let you see-our old house in Hamilton is back up for sale!!!!
the MLS number is:
H3017492

check it out - it's really stunning! Looks like he did everything he should have - including move the kitchen into the den. Not sure if he's going to make any money on it, but we're really glad we sold it to the right guy. That's EXACTLY what we wanted for that poor old place.

Lots to update, but no time today. I have pictures of John's graduation! It was bittersweet. We had explained who whole end of year thing to him, but when he asked why mrs engelman gave him all these presents (a memory book, with pictures from the year, and a story book) I made the mistake of reminding him that he was finished at pre-k, and will be starting in a new school in fall. I thought that was understood, but he spent a good chunk of the night sobbing, and has slept in our bed every night since. Mike thinks I was a big jerk for telling him, but I really thought he already understood!

All the kids have been sick - likely with swine flu. It matches all the symptoms, but they're almost over it - John is fine now. We got a note that it was confirmed in John's school, and he was the first to get it. We called public health, and they said just to treat it like a normal flu - lots of fluids, yadda yadda. Only bring them in if they have breathing problems - that's when they test to confirm. Dave had a bit of croup with it, but she told us we did the right thing - as soon as it started, I sat with him in the bathroom with the shower on hot until it settled down. They're all on the mend - it was pretty mild, whatever it was. Mike and I got a touch of it, too, but shook it off pretty easily.

I took John to register at his new school, in an effort to cheer him up. We chose french immersion after all. He likes the school, and I let him play on the playground for a while. There was another little boy out there, but he was heading into grade 1. I think it will all be fine. There's a city park program starting shortly in our area. We did it last year - they play games and make crafts. John really enjoyed it last time, and it'll give him a chance to play with kids his own age. A lot of the parents at John's school swapped numbers at the end of the year, but they all knew we moved to the south, which is too far to drive for a playdate. But I'm sure between the summer programs, school and beavers, he'll have a group of local kids to play with soon.

anyway, I have way too much work to do! I'll update for real soon. But anyone who saw or lived in our old house, look it up on mls.ca - you'll be shocked!

5 comments:

Todeskaefer said...

Somehow the attic just doesn't look as cozy as it used to. I noticed they conveniently never bothered to show the disaster area that lies beyond those mirrored doors. Remember the one night when the cat got lost in there?

Todeskaefer said...

Um .. a "butler's work station"? That's hilarious. That's neighbourhood full of crackheads, no upper crust blueblood would be caught dead there

Megan said...

Yeah, I remember that! I remember feeding her kibble through the floorboards, thinking we'd have to tear the floor up...then she just found her own way out when we weren't looking. They definitely uncozied the attic - I agree. And it kind of looks like they put a closet back there - why else put in two sliding mirrored doors? and they did a lot of things I wouldn't have - white walls is sort of an unfortunate choice, and all the cabinets he chose were kind of ugly. But he did everything we wanted to do, but couldn't afford to. I laughed at the butler thing too. I think they need to call that something else - a laptop nook? homework nook? I think he took the whole back wall off the den, judging from the measurements, so it would still be a part of the kitchen, just off to the side. Mike was sad that he took out his garden, which is now driveway into the garage. But he kept the cat room as a sunroom, which is what we wanted to do too, so that's cool. I'm just grateful it got done! We felt so terrible leaving that poor old place in that state. The agent said he wanted to fix it up, and I've always been curious to know what he was up to, so it's cool that I get to see!

Anonymous said...

Spectator listed it for an open house this weekend - 239,500

Must have gold-plated the toilets!

Paw in Law

Anonymous said...

I agree it's great to see what he did to the old house. The price is very high, I tend to agree with Bruce - must be gold bathroom fixtures.