Thursday, April 03, 2008

super-quick Joan update

hello,

Joan and I visited the doctor today. I didn't actually ask for anything to be moved, but I passed along some of the family's concerns, and my own concerns, and some of the family heart history.

He said it was probably all very safe - she's not the first case they'll have seen, so they'll know what they're doing, and they likely won't put her right under anyway - typically, it's just a sedative, which is safer.

That said, he conferred with the cardiologist after I left, and the cardiologist feels, in light of the family history, that her ECG should probably be stepped up. What they're going to TRY to do, is co-ordinate with Neurology, to have the two tests done back to back on the same visit. He's not sure what they'll do about sedation - the doc said to leave it with them for a couple days to go over her chart and make some decisions, and he should be able to relay their answer to me by Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I'll keep you posted on what they say.

No comments: