just wanted to poke in and say thanks to my parents for the package they sent. It actually arrived a few days ago. John was so excited when it came in!
"WHAT'S INSIDE!? WHAT'S INSIDE!?" he squealed. As I pulled back the flap, he said "It's...it's....it's STUFF!!!"
Inside were some Christmas presents from my Auntie Glenn Ellen and Uncle Dave. It was a farm truck and trailer set, with people and horses. He LOVES it! It still has an honoured place on his bedside table at bedtime, which is typically reserved for his favourite toy of the day. He's been using it to cart stuff all over the house. One of the horses has been named "Gink." I think it's inspired by Dr. Seuss. Joan got a pink minivan, filled with people, and she was so excited! A car of her very own! She spent the whole day filling the trunk with things, and shifting all of the little people around. She got a great fuzzy hat, too, which has come in very handy - it has a chin strap, so it seals all the gaps of her snow suit, which has been good with the crazy weather out here. It's not the temperature, it's the wind that makes it so cold. (Except for now, with a chinook and all. I think they said +9 today)
But it was the thing at the bottom of the package which really made John's day - it was his Tonka bulldozer, which we had forgotten at my parents' house over Christmas. The second he saw it, he scooped it up, gave it a big bear hug, and said "Bulldozerey! You're here!" Then he turned to me and said "look, Mom! It's Bulldozerey! It's my wish come true!"
Bulldozerey was then united with his fleet of Tonka truck friends. That night, as I was brushing my teeth, Bulldozery appeared at the door, and asked me, "mom, can I live in this house with all my friends?" When I said yes, he cheered all the way down the hall to bed.
Some other John tidbits:
John: Dad is so strong! He can move mountains!
Mom: One day, you'll be big enough to move mountains, too.
John: yeah, but I'll need a beard first
John, whispering before bed: Goodnight Mom. Goodnight Blankie Pink. Goodnight everyone in the whole world.
During a game of I spy:
Dad: I spy, with my little eye, something that is black
John, with eyes closed: Is it my blinks? (As in, the inside of his eyelids)
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you all for the lovely card you all sent earlier this week. It arrived the same day we got the phone call that her ashes were ready to be picked up so it gave me a much needed smile. I loved how John and Joan even signed their names! :)
I'm always reading the journal even if I don't post comments. I have to get my fill of children through you guys as it looks like it'll be close to a year before we can get started now.
Love always,
Vicki
We're glad you liked the card. John was so excited to deliver it, until he realized it wasn't going to be in person!
Waiting another year!? That's a long time! Pregnancies take almost a year, not to mention the time it takes to get pregnant. Why wait? Here's a much forgotten fact: when I was pregnant with John, I was bringing home less than $400/week, and Mike was unemployed! He got the job at Bell when I was about 7 months pregnant! The government will NOT let children starve. There are supplements, tax credits, programs, you name it. We get hundreds of dollars in government subsidies every month to help with the kids, and we don't even qualify for the low income subsidies.
We were very, very nervous about money when we discovered we were pregnant with John. So nervous, we actually discussed the possibility of ending the pregnancy, which, looking back, is unimaginable to us now. But seriously, everything falls into place when you need it to. (Though, we've had a TON of help from family along the way) You don't know where you'll be in a year - you should start trying now! (And move to Alberta! Just kidding! :-P)
Megan
Post a Comment