My parents were here for a few days to see John and Joan. John of course had a blast. He spent three days playing choo choo with Grandpa, and bear-on-phone with Grandma. He's still chasing me around with the bear in one hand, phone in the other. He's still asking to go see you, too. He doesn't seem to get that you're too far away. He likes to look at this picture though - when it popped onto the sceen, he jumped up and down, yelling "look, mommy! Grandma! Grandpa!"Everything here is alright. I'll do a prper update soon, but don't have much time right now. I agreed to be part of a study on child development from Mac, so two researchers will be here in a few hours, and I have to get ready. I hate being a part of studies, but I only turned them down once, and I regret it. it was a five year study, and at the time, we were looking to move home, so i didn't think we'd be here long enough to finish it. It was on child obesity and diabetes. I agreed to do a breastmilk contamination study, and this one, though. I think it's important to do them, when you're in a demographic that's being studied. You can't really brag that we have a world class research hospital if you aren't willing to do your bit to keep it world class. We can't give them money, but we can offer our children as test subjects.
Mike's job just changed - they took everyone's van away for the winter, so he now has to commute to Burlington every day. It means I won' have a car unless we pack the kids up and commute there with him. It kinda sucks, but it's only for another eight weeks.
It looks like Jeremy might be moving in with us in April. He's thinking of going to Mac to upgrade his degree to a four-year, and doing his masters, so Mike offered to let him live here to save money. Of course, he has no cash for tuition, so he's thinking he needs to move in April to give him enough time to save. He's coming over tomorrow to talk it over. Should be a very interesting year, or three, if it actually happens. No idea where he's going to stay. We have rooms, of course - it's just a matter of which one would be best to give everyone enough space and privacy.
Anyway, I'd better go. There's nothing that would prompt the Mac researchers to call child services on us, but I do have some toys to tidy up.
1 comment:
Awwwwww what a cute picture. Every one looks like they are doing well and Joan is looking so much bigger!
I hope that everything is going well. :)
Post a Comment