Thursday, May 26, 2005

Tooth number six makes its debut


Someone's hungry Posted by Hello

Yup - six teeth. The top right hand one has arrived. The left top and bottom are on their way, I'm sure. John has been in some serious distress these last couple of days. It isn't pretty. Last night he was in a howling fit. We had headed out for the afternoon, but I had forgotten the Tylenol at home. Ugh. By the time we got home, he was gnashing and clawing. He was positively crazed, rocking, clutching his mouth. He didn't want a teether. He didn't want to be held. Nothing would settle him down. It was so horrible. I gave him some Tylenol when we got home and gave him a cold wet washcloth to gnaw on until it took effect. Twenty minutes of wide-eyed cloth-gnawing later, he was giggling and playing peek-a-boo. Phew! He seems better today, but boy, he's having a rough time with this last wave of teeth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's safe to say that John has inherited his father's eating habits...and Grandpa Walchuks too. Genetics will tell, won't they?

Alice was just giving me heck this mornig for eating my dish of pears in precisely the same manner (OK, I was holding the bowl up to my mouth - but John will learn the fine points as he grows.)

Hugs from the North Country -

Paw in Law (and Maw in Law too)

Anonymous said...

Well I'm not too sure that his eating habits didn't come from his uncle. Whenever we have a nice sit down supper Ben's food disappears in half the time it takes anyone else to eat. I remember the fine points all too well of Bryn teething and I wish you the best of luck.
Auntie Pam

Anonymous said...

It's called hoovering in our house and for a few of the guys, it's always been a race to clean their plate up first. Don't ask me why. Needless to say, the one with the biggest mouth can slurp more effectively and can hoover a plateful of food in about 3 to 4 easy passes. Hey...it's not from my side of the family. My grandmother used a spoon in her jam server and ate with a napkin on her lap! Grandma P