John and Dog, just chillin'
I hope you guys don't mind me posting older photos. They never get old to me.
We had a pretty laid back day today. Mike needed stuff for work: we went to Mark's Work Wearhouse to buy him undershirts, came home with a winter coat instead. A typical shopping trip with Mike. It was needed, though, so I can't say anything without sounding like I want him to freeze to death on top of a telephone pole. Which I don't. For the most part.
It was the only shopping trip I've been on where customers didn't come talk to me, or play with John. I don't think a single person noticed his cute little shoes. They saw us and scattered. Actually, one guy smiled and waved at John while he thought I wasn't looking, but as soon as he realized I had caught him in the act, he beetled off to look at workboots. Why are guys like that? I get accosted by little boys all the time who want to look at John. Little girls could care less, but tween boys have this fascination with babies. I wonder if something changes along the way, or if it's just this generation of kids, being raised to be family oriented men and career-driven women. I guess we'll know in about 15 years.
John of course giggled the whole trip. I wish I could see the world the way he sees it. He's having more fun than anybody.
No comments:
Post a Comment